Monday 16 August 2010

Good Lord, I'm tired.

After an exhilarating eight mile walk, including a thrilling section on the beach with the tide coming in (yipes!) I am utterly exhausted, and my feet hurt like billy-o. Still, it was jolly good exercise, and I feel refreshed for it. The sea air is quite good for the health, it seems. I do intend at some point to try tackling at least some of the Wold's Way trail in my British Army WW2 uniform, as an experiment in not only my personal endurance (which I doubt a little), but also the endurance of the kit (which I don't doubt).

To give a rough idea of its appearance, here's a photograph that I can't cite source for because I haven't got a clue what it is. I don't own it either way, oh copyright fiends who I am certain might be reading this possibly:

An interesting thing to note here is the stolen American Corcoran jump-boots on the merry Paras which had rubber soles, unlike the British hobnailed variety, unless these gentlemen are Canadians. I can't quite work it out, really. British kit but a stolen American battery operated torch (middle para, same type used in 'Nam), the boots and the helmet style which... confuses me greatly. They -may- be Canadians, hence the kit oddities...


Apart from walking being a relatively vintage-y pastime, I suppose, I'd like to announce that I did get my jacket back from the alterations lady, and I'm very happy with it. Photographs will appear at some point when I get around to it. There was something else too, but I'm afraid I've quite forgotten what I was going to write, so I suppose I might as well sign it off here,

turrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment