Tuesday 10 August 2010

What ho!

Oh God, I'm blogging. Whatever next?

Well, there's a reason for all this. As I seem to be incapable of keeping an actual diary for more than a week this might be a bit more regular than that. That's probably a sad reflection on myself.

However, the real reason is this - I'm going to live for a week on wartime rationing, between the 28th of August and whenever that week ends, presumably. I have no idea how this'll turn out, but it's going to be an interesting project for me. A few friends have shown dismay at the idea of one egg a week and the lack of food, but I'm curious as to how it'll actually be.

It won't stop there, oh no! I'll use this place to document any interesting finds that I come across vintagewise.

Most recently:-

1940s/'50s Picnic Gramophone x 1 (playing away happily occasionally with plenty of spare needles and a growing record collection. Hurray.)

Said record collection. God bless eBay.

1953 Bush valve wireless. It's lovely, but still not in working order two years after I got it.

I think that's all,

turrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment