Wednesday 18 August 2010

A post about tomorrow - today.

Like many other happy or unhappy seventeen year olds around the country I will be receiving my hopefully good results of my AS levels tomorrow. I've got five coming up:-

History (Modern)
French
Law
Philosophy and Ethics
General Studies

Whilst I don't care too much about the last one, the universities I'm applying to all require either A*,  two As, straights As, or an A and two Bs. I'm hoping for over 90% in History, Law and Philosophy, but I'll probably end up with another 85% in Law, and maybe the same for Philosophy. I -need- the over 90% in History though. It's what I'm applying to study at University, and Cambridge won't take me with less than an A* in it. The pressure is on!

As a result of this momentous occasion I shall be stepping out in the new suit, with my white shoes on and my trilby at a jaunty angle. It'll be a time for swanning about if I do well, hopefully with a few equally celebratory friends. I'm not planning on some hideous party event, God no. For extra luck, I'm polishing the white shoes with shoe cream now so they gleam and blind in the sunlight.

I shall update tomorrow, hopefully with photographs of my new suit and white shoes, as well as with my AS results. Let's hope for good ones!

Turrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment